Effective Date: June 22, 2021
Last updated: June 22, 2021
At EIDSN, Inc. (“EIDSN”, “we”, or “us”), we value our relationship with you and respect to your concerns about the privacy of your information. This Notice describes the types of personal information we collect offline as well as online through our website, email distribution lists, online portals or other tools (our “Website(s)”), how we may use that information, with whom we may share it and the rights and choices that may be available to you. Our Privacy Notice also describes the measures we take to protect the security of the personal information. We also tell you how you can reach us to answer any questions you may have about our privacy practices. In addition, your use of this Website is governed by the EIDSN Terms and Conditions of Website Use.
I. Information We Collect and How We Use It
EIDSN may collect information, or you may provide information, through a variety of means, including Websites hosted by third-party contractors acting on EIDSN’s behalf (“Service Providers”). For instance, EIDSN stores personal information in the form of business information (e.g., committee minutes, rosters, organizational documentation, financial information) on certain Websites. Other Websites may be used as portals for Members to also share, access, or store operational and reliability data. Your use of those Service Providers’ Websites as a Member of EIDSN are subject to those third party’s privacy policies and terms and conditions. Currently EIDSN’s service providers include:
- EIDSN’s use of a cloud service provider to store business information including, but not limited to business, billing, organizational information, committee and board meeting minutes, etc.
- EIDSN’s website hosted by a service provider and includes licensed use of EIDSN’s email/calendar platform through a cloud-based solution.
- Managed Network Services provider portal with access controls for accessing information about respective network assets supporting EIDSN’s members.
- EIDSN provides its members a custom developed portal hosted by a third party through which Members may download, upload, and share (configured through least privilege member established and maintained access controls) agreed upon shared information to support EIDSN’s mission and purpose.
A. Personal Information You Provide
You may choose to provide personal information (such as your name, address, telephone number and email address) on these Websites. Here are the ways you may provide the information and the types of information you may submit. We also tell you how we may use the information. The list below explains those uses for which we have a legitimate business interest.
- Member Registration. You may be registered for a user account for EIDSN business purposes on one or more of our Website(s). By registering as a user, you may provide us or our Service Providers with information such as your name, telephone number and email address when registered for an account. We use this information to register your account on the Website. We also may use such information to communicate with you about other events or topics that we believe may be of interest to you, subject to applicable law.
- User-Provided Content. You may voluntarily provide information to the Website(s) directly, including both personal information as well as operating reliability data. Some user-provided content may be published or accessible on areas of the Websites according to the permissions and authorizations set by the users. Your user-provided content is posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We limit access to certain pages based on business need-to-know and role permissions. However, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your user-provided content. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your user-provided content will never be viewed by unauthorized persons. Your user-provided content may also be subject to additional rules, regulations, and confidentiality agreements between you and third parties or you and other users (e.g., CEII regulations, NERC ORD confidentiality agreement, separation of protocol, etc.). It is your obligation to ensure any disclosure is consistent with any applicable requirements.
- News, Alerts, and Publications. On our Website or on that of one of our Service Providers, capabilities may exist where you may sign up to receive news, alerts and publications from EIDSN or its Service Providers. To sign up, you may be asked for information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address and topics of interest. We or our Service Providers may use the information you provide to send you the communications you request.
- Contact Us. If you communicate with us through the “Contact Us” link on our Site, we may ask you for information such as your name, email address and telephone number so we can respond to your questions and comments.
- Other Site Features. Our Website(s) offer various features, which may change from time to time. We or our Service Providers may ask you to submit certain personal information so we can provide you with and communicate with you about these features, subject to applicable law.
- Other Uses of Information. We or our Service Providers may use the personal information you provide on the Website(s) for internal business and administrative purposes. These purposes include administering the Website(s) and engaging in data analytics regarding usage of the Website(s).
We also may use your personal information to protect ourselves against and prevent fraud, claims, and other liabilities and to comply with or enforce applicable legal requirements, and our policies and terms. We use personal information for these purposes when it is necessary to protect, exercise or defend our legal rights or the rights of others, or when we are required to do so by a law that applies to us.
B. Personal Information We Collect by Automated Means.
We or our Service Providers may collect certain information by automated means when you visit our Website(s), such as how many users visit the Website(s) and the pages accessed. By collecting this information, we learn how to best tailor the Website to our visitors. EIDSN or its service providers may collect this information through various means such as “cookies,” “web beacons” and IP addresses.
Our Website may use analytics to create statistical reports. These reports would tell us, for example, how many users visited our Website, what pages have been browsed, and from what general geographic regions users visited the Website. The information collected through the use of analytics may include, for example, your IP address, the website reference from which you visited us, the type of device you used and/or your search query that led you to the Website. This information will only be used on a need-to-know basis to resolve technical issues, to administer our Website and to understand visitor preferences. Traffic information on our Website(s) is accessed only by authorized personnel. We do not use any of this information to directly identify visitors and we do not share it with third parties other than the hosting Service Providers collected directly. We process personal information for these purposes because we have a legitimate interest in understanding how our Website(s) are used. Because we do not track users across time or across different Websites, our Websites are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers.
C. Collection and Use of Children’s Information
D. Information We Share
E. Links to Other Third-Party Sites
F. How We Protect Personal Information
We and our Service Providers maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards for the Website(s) designed to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the personal information we collect through our Websites and those of our Service Providers.
G. Information We Transfer
We may transfer the personal information we collect through the Website(s) to other countries where we do business – currently limited to the U.S. and Canada. However, all data collected by EIDSN and its Service Providers are currently hosted on servers only in the U.S. or Canada.
We will take commercially reasonable measures to comply with applicable legal requirements by providing adequate protection for the transfer of personal information to data recipients in other countries. We will also take commercially reasonable efforts to implement appropriate safeguards aimed at ensuring such a level of data protection is in place, in accordance with applicable law. For more information, please contact us as indicated below.
H. How Long We Keep Information
II. Your Choices
If you would like to update your contact information or preferences, or have your information removed from our mailing lists, please contact us by emailing us at info@EIDSN.org or writing us at:
270 Doug Baker Blvd., Ste 700 #203
Birmingham, AL 35242
III. State-Specific Rights
A. California. California residents have certain rights under California law, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), the California’s Shine the Light law, and the California Online Privacy Protection Act (“CalOPPA”). As a nonprofit organization, EIDSN is not subject to the CCPA. However, if you are a California resident, and have questions or concerns about the ways in which your data is used, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
B. Nevada. Nevada residents may opt out of sales of their data under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A. Currently, EIDSN does not sell data that would trigger such opt out right. Should that change, we shall revise the policy to inform you of a method to opt out of such sales. Meanwhile, please direct any questions to info@EIDSN.org.
IV. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
GDPR does not apply to EIDSN, as it is a North American based organization and neither offers goods or services nor monitors the behavior of data subjects situated in the European Union. To the extent you have questions about the applicability of the GDPR to users of this Website, please direct those questions to info@EIDSN.
V. Updates to Our Privacy Notice
We may update or change this Privacy Notice from time to time and without prior notice to you. We will post a prominent notice on this web page to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated.
VI. How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about our information practices, please contact us by emailing us at info@EIDSN.org or writing us at:
270 Doug Baker Blvd., Ste 700 #203
Birmingham, AL 35242